Measurements of Stug 3

Questions & Answers about Finnish assaultguns of WWII

Measurements of Stug 3

Postby Markus Schneider » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:46 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member on this board. I'm from Canada and I very glad that a forum like this one is available.

I'm currently working on building a Stug 3 out of an FV434 for our German re-enactment group. We have already removed some of the armour on the 434 to reconfigure it to resemble a Stug 3. The pictures on this website are a great help in planning this project but what we're still missing are some drawings with measurements and angles of armour. Is anything like this available online or in books?

I also have a few more questions and I'm hoping one/some of you can answer those as well:
Where is the fuel tank located on the Stug 3?
Where is the hole for the gun optical to the front outside (I'm assuming near the gunbarrel possibly)?

I can be reached directly at willysacres@look.ca . If interested I'll post pictures as the project is coming along. Please let me know.

I'm looking forward to all your replies already. Thank you, Markus
Markus Schneider

Re: Measurements of Stug 3

Postby AndreasLarka » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:24 pm

Markus Schneider wrote:Is anything like this available online or in books?

Walter J. Spielbergers "Sturmgeschütz and it's variants" have some drawings. No angles, but you can measure them yourselves from the drawings.

Markus Schneider wrote:Where is the fuel tank located on the Stug 3?

Below the rear deck.

Markus Schneider wrote:Where is the hole for the gun optical to the front outside (I'm assuming near the gunbarrel possibly)?

You mean the gunners sight? On top of the fighting compartment.

Andreas Lärka
Helsinki, Finland

Site Admin for http://www.andreaslarka.net
AndreasLarka
Site Admin

Postby Jaakko Pihlaja » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:51 pm

Markus Schneider wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member on this board. I'm from Canada and I very glad that a forum like this one is available.

I'm currently working on building a Stug 3 out of an FV434 for our German re-enactment group. We have already removed some of the armour on the 434 to reconfigure it to resemble a Stug 3. The pictures on this website are a great help in planning this project but what we're still missing are some drawings with measurements and angles of armour. Is anything like this available online or in books?

I also have a few more questions and I'm hoping one/some of you can answer those as well:
Where is the fuel tank located on the Stug 3?
Where is the hole for the gun optical to the front outside (I'm assuming near the gunbarrel possibly)?

I can be reached directly at willysacres@look.ca . If interested I'll post pictures as the project is coming along. Please let me know.

I'm looking forward to all your replies already. Thank you, Markus

Fuel tank is located on right side beside the engine. Batteries are on the left side. (looking from rear of the tank)

Picture speaks for itself...

Radiators are two "boxes" on top of picture. Connectin tube is missing from picture...

Hope this helps..
Jaakko Pihlaja

Replica StuGIII

Postby Markus Schneider » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:07 am

Hi Everyone,

First of all thank you very much for your help. Since we can't buy the real one from you we've been very busy building our own StuGIII. We would like to share some pictures of our progress. Please go to http://www.willysacres.com/StuG3.htm have a look and let us know what you think.

Thanks, Markus
Markus Schneider

Postby Schmeisser » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:51 pm

Holy shit! :shock: How much could it cost to build?
Schmeisser

Return to Q&A Finnish Assaultguns