Tank losses due of aerial attack?

General questions about Finnish tanks and equipment

Tank losses due of aerial attack?

Postby Martti Kujansuu » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:42 am

Hello!

Was there any case in which Finnish tank was damaged or lost because of aerial bomb, rocket or other ammunition? I have checked the Stugs, no luck there. Though I'm not aware of any publication were they would list life and fate of, for example, every T-26.

Martti
Martti Kujansuu

Re: Tank losses due of aerial attack?

Postby AndreasLarka » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:01 am

Martti Kujansuu wrote:Though I'm not aware of any publication were they would list life and fate of, for example, every T-26.

Finland had around 100 T-26s of different make and model. Furthermore they were captured at different times. It would be quite a huge task to gather info about them all.

Especially as the wardiaries of the Tank division only talks about "Wickers" -tanks when refering to the T-26 or Vickers -tanks that were used.

Still, of course it would be nice if somebody would do such book.
Andreas Lärka
Helsinki, Finland

Site Admin for http://www.andreaslarka.net
AndreasLarka
Site Admin

Re: Tank losses due of aerial attack?

Postby Martti Kujansuu » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:00 pm

AndreasLarka wrote:Still, of course it would be nice if somebody would do such book.

I wonder why the "tank files" aren't organized like the aerocrafts have. Every plane has a file at the Finnish National Archive Service named "poistokansio". There you can find every repair done during it's career, every flight etc.

Well, it seems I have to go to the archive and look through the war diaries.

Martti
Martti Kujansuu

Return to Q&A General Finnish questions